After defeating Klarg, the bugbear leader of the Cragmaw goblins, Lilphina found stolen shipments in the cave for Lionshield Coster, a merchant guild that travels the rivers of Meridia. Upon hearing of Klarg’s death at the hands of the Leather Daddies, Yeemik, the goblin agreed to hand over Sildar to the group.
The Leather Daddies met back up with Warryn and their cargo and headed in to Phandalin. The group delivered their cargo to Barthen’s Provisions and receive their agreed upon payment of 10 gp each. Sildar agreed to pay for a few nights stay at the Stonehill Inn as thanks for rescuing him in addition to a promise of 50 gp.
While eating dinner at the inn the group learned a few things about the town:
- Sister Garaele who oversees the Shrine of Luck, recently left town for a few days, then returned wounded and exhausted.
- Daran Edermath, the orchard keeper, is a former adventurer.
- Orc raiders have been seen one the east end of the Tri-Pointe Trail. The Townmaster is looking for someone to run them off.
- Thel Drendar, a local woodcarver, stood up to the Redbrands a tenday ago when they came by his shop and leered at his wife. The ruffians murdered him. Several townsfolk saw it happen. The Redbrands grabbed his body, and now his wife, daughter, and son have gone missing too.
- Qelline Alderleaf’s sone Carp said he found a secret tunnel in the woods, but Redbrands almost caught him.
- The Redbrands hassle every business in town, except for the Phandalin Miner’s Exchange. They don’t want trouble with Halia Thornton, who runs it.
The group reached Level 2!